Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Difference between smooth ER and Rough ER mnemonic

Hello! Hope you're having a good day =)

In today's post, I'll be sharing how to remember the difference between rough endoplasmic reticulum and smooth endoplasmic reticulum.


Rough ER (RER) is involved in some protein production, protein folding, quality control and despatch. It is called ‘rough’ because it is studded with ribosomes

ROugh
Ribosomes
pROteins

Smooth E R (SER) is associated with the production and metabolism of fats and steroid hormones. It is ‘smooth’ because it is not studded with ribosomes and is associated with smooth slippery fats.

Smooth
Steroids
Obese (Fat metabolism :| )

Here are a few lame diagrams on it :D

Smooth ER mnemonic

Rough ER mnemonic

That's all! 

You're stunning :)

-IkaN

6 comments:

  1. Hello Ikan, Thanks for awesome mnemonics. You are really a life saver. Your mnemonics help me a lot in my college tests and exams.. I have a sincere request. Can I please share your mnemonics on my upcomming website mnemomed.com (its under construction for now).. Of course I will give proper credit to you and will share the link to this blog with each and every mnemonic of yours that i will share there.. I hope you wont mind since everything would be for educational purposes.. Waiting for your reply... Thanks -Aizaz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Aizaz ul Haq, you're most welcome. Glad we could help you.

      No, we do not allow hosting our mnemonics on other websites. Sorry for the delay in reply!

      Delete
    2. Okay no problem :-) Thank you for your reply.... One more thing... Can I give link directly to your mnemonics on my website..... e.g. In case of this mnemonic I will simply ask my visitor to see this link (http://medicowesome.blogspot.com/2015/09/difference-between-smooth-er-and-rough.html?showComment=1441852934771#c1321708611262668023) for "Difference between Smooth and Rough ER mnemonic".. I wont actually be sharing anything on my own site except link ?

      Delete
    3. No problem!

      Good luck on your website, let me know when it is done :)

      Delete

This is express yourself space. Where you type create something beautiful! <3
Wondering what do I write? Well...
Tell us something you know better. You are a brilliant mind. Yes, you are! ^__^
Ask about something you don't understand @_@?
Compliment... Say something nice! =D
Be a good critic and correct us if something went wrong :|
Go ahead. Comment all you like here! (:

PS: We have moderated comments to reduce spam. ALL comments that are not spam will be published on the website.